Sunday, March 20, 2016

Return to Skyrim

screenshot-8.jpg
Hmm... never saw this in the game...
I finally got my hands on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition off Humble Bundle. How slow is that?

Years ago I've played a misappropriated copy of Skyrim and utterly enjoyed it (sorry about that Bethesda). But I've never liked forking out a chunk of cash only to need forking out even more later for DLCs. So, now I've hopefully redeemed myself by actually paying for the game.

The main storyline as I remembered it was somewhat disappointing. The dragons were getting more and more annoying the higher my level went so I decided to finish them off. That meant defeating Alduin, of course. Little did I know that also meant the Greybeards would also disappear on me. There goes my source of info on dragon shout locations…

And there I thought I could finally take my sweet time finding those shouts and loading it over the puny folks. Oh well, I wasn't bothered to reload an older saved game nor start fresh with a new character. Now, the itch is starting again so I guess I'll give it a go.

The random quests were also pretty repetitive but I attribute that to the copy I had not getting updates. I guess I'll know for sure now if those quests have more variety, won't I?

It's unfortunate that there's no support for Linux. That would be awesome. Oh well, one can dream, can't they?

This time I'll take my time to collect those shouts. That's the whole point of Skyrim, ain't it?