Saturday, August 01, 2015

Here is how to be a jackass world hero

deponia_screenshotneu005.jpg
Goodbye, Deponia...
So after “saving” the world in Pillars of Eternity, I thought I’d give Deponia a try. Point and click isn’t exactly a genre I’m into but I’ve played The Longest Journey and it’s sequel, Dreamfall. Those were pretty interesting so I’ll give this one a chance.

Unfortunately, it seems Deponia has a rather bizarre bug. For no apparent reason it would launch in windowed mode. This despite the fact the settings say it should run in fullscreen. This happened on just the second game launch then the bug mysteriously “disappeared” the next day, so I continued playing.

Now it seems to have reappeared… and hasn’t managed to revert back to fullscreen mode.

Considering this is a pretty old game (and a trilogy at that) I doubt a patch to fix things will ever arrive. It’s a good thing I didn’t get the entire trilogy, then.

So… I basically only played very little of the game. I’ve gotten as far as waking the Elysium heroine plus a little bit further but that’s about it. The narrative does look promising but if it insists on annoying me then I’ll put this aside for something else for now unless I can find a workaround that doesn’t involve picking a windowed resolution that fits inside my screen resolution.

Most games are meant for fullscreen play right? This one is one of ‘em.

Update: Right after I posted this I gave the game one last try and what happens? It starts working in fullscreen again! So I guess I'll continue playing...