- Power off the printer.
- Press and hold Stop/reset button then press Power button.
- While still holding the Power button, press Stop/reset 5 times. Then release both buttons. The A4 light should be blinking now. This is the printer's Service Mode.
- Download the E500 Service Tool and run it.
- Under the Clear Ink Absorber section select Main_Black then click Set followed by Main_Color then click Set.
- Click the Auto tab then click Start and wait for the process to complete. The printer will print a diagnostic page.
- Power off the printer then power it on again. The printer should be working fine now.
Ideally, you'll want to clean or replace the ink absorber before doing a reset.