You may or may not need to clean out the waste tank first, but that's beyond the scope of this post. I'm assuming you've already cleaned out the waste tank, if needed. Now you just need to reset the waste ink counter and get on with printing.
- Press Menu, then Mono (Start) followed by pressing the Up arrow 4 times. The Attention LED and Photo Capture button should now be blinking simultaneously.
- Enter 80 to enter maintenance mode. Use the Up/Down arrows to select the digit 8, then press OK, then Up/Down again to select 0, and press OK.
- Press Mono (Start) repeatedly until you get "Purge:xxxxx" on the printer display. "xxxxx" is some number.
- Enter 2783 (follow the same method as in Step 2 above) to reset the counter.
- Press Stop/Exit, then enter 99 (again same method as in Step 2) to exit maintenance mode.
Brother MFC-J415W waste counter reset
How to reset waste ink counter for Brother DCP-130C
How to reset waste ink counter for Brother MFC-295CN