Sunday, July 03, 2011

What's your view on the GNOME desktop?

I'm currently running a poll on the GNOME desktop. More specifically, I'm curious what people think of Ubuntu's Unity desktop and the new GNOME Shell desktop. Which is more user friendly? Which desktop is more pleasant to work with? Which do you think will be the dominant desktop for GNOME 3? If you're a GNOME user, please vote in the poll.

The poll will run till the end of the month so that's plenty of time to gather votes.

Commentary is, of course, welcome :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, only just discovered you through Google, searching for the Gwibber beta. Subscribed.

    I'm on Natty running Unity 2D. It's a slightly ageing PC and default Unity seemed to lag slow it down.

    Unlike many others I liked Unity from the start. I'd been running JoliOS on my netbook for ages, and on the desktop I've always used a launcher and universal menu. To me, the changes weren't as drastic (esp. coming from Mac a few years before).

    Recently, I tried out Fedora 15 to have a look at GNOME 3 but I didn't like that much. It's similar but it makes things a bit too (and unnecessarily) complex in my opinion.

    And KDE has never been my thing. I like some eye-candy too and default KDE has horrible anti-aliasing on fonts.

    Just thought I'd add some info for your poll. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nils Thanks. Any constructive input is welcome :-)

    ReplyDelete