Saturday, December 05, 2009

Converting CUE/BIN files to ISO

Sometimes you come across cue sheets which consists of a .cue/.bin file pair. Brasero is supposed to support it but when I tried burning the cue sheet it didn't work. Since I seem to have a running disagreement with Brasero, there might be other factors that caused the error. I'll blog about that if I ever figure it out.

In the mean time, I converted the cue sheet I had into a regular standards abiding .iso file instead. It's much simpler to deal with, I think. Here's how.

If it's not already installed, bchunk is available from the Ubuntu repository.

~$ sudo apt-get install bchunk

To do a conversion, simply do:

~$ bchunk foo.bin foo.cue bar

Replace foo with the name of the .cue/.bin files respectively. bar is the filename you want for the resulting .iso file. bchunk will number it by track and add the extension for you. If there's only 1 track then you should end up with a file called bar01.iso. Simple as that.

Related posts:

Dealing with uif files
Splitting cue/flac files
Converting CCD images to ISO